Food away from home saw its biggest jump since January 2017, increasing 0.4%. The substantial rise in food away from home prices drove the overall food price index up by 0.2%.
Grocery store food index changes varied. Overall, the food at home price index rose by 0.1%.
- Meat, poultry, fish, and eggs: – 0.2%
- Cereals and bakery products: + 0.3%
- Dairy and related products: no change
- Fruits and vegetables: + 0.5%
- Nonalcoholic beverages: no change
- Other food from home: no change
The latest results bring the total increase for the 12-month food price index to 2.5%. Fruits and vegetable prices increased the most over the last year (3.5%), while prices of dairy and related products and cereals and bakery products declined.