Food Industry Webinars & Online Events
- This event has passed.
Protein 2.0: From Plant-Based to Fungi, Lemna, Bacteria, and More
September 15, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am UTC-7
Plant-based proteins continue to dominate the so-called ‘alternative protein’ category, but new options are emerging. In this webinar, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we’ll look at the latest on plant-based proteins, but we’ll also examine Euglena, bacteria, fungi and lemna as microscopic protein factories, and how to talk to consumers about everything from ‘animal-free’ dairy proteins to ‘air protein’. We’ll explore the market potential, quiz some key players, and look at how to communicate the benefits of next-generation proteins.
- Protein potential: Assessing the market opportunity for plant-based and ‘alternative’ proteins
- The investor perspective: How are investors viewing the protein landscape?
- Yield and sustainability: What’s the greenest, most efficient way to make high-quality food protein?
- Comparing proteins: Taste, performance, nutrition
- Consumers and next-generation proteins: Labeling, marketing