Food Industry Webinars & Online Events
- This event has passed.
The Art of Lean: Recognizing Waste & What to Do About It
May 25, 2022 @ 12:00 pm CDT
From Intertek Alchemy:
Lean manufacturing is synonymous with efficiency. This often leads many to believe lean is all about reduction — in workforce, inventory, waste, etc. But efficiency is an outcome, not a strategy. Lean itself is a growth strategy, and like any strategy requires investment, not reduction, of time and resources to succeed.
Please join us for this exciting webinar explaining the basic concepts and benefits of lean manufacturing programs. Our guest speaker, Petra Sterwerf is a pioneer in the field. She’ll share stories, outcomes, pitfalls, and best practices in the art of identifying and eliminating waste through the use of training, problem-solving tools, and the engagement and participation of employees.
We’ll cover these key topics and more:
- What it really means to be lean, and why it’s important
- The critical steps needed to create a successful lean program
- Pitfalls to anticipate, and the problem-solving tools to overcome
- Internal communication tips and techniques to keep employees engaged
- Training your workforce in concepts, objectives, and practices of lean