Veteran food sector sales specialist to oversee company’s continued growth efforts with both established and prospective customers.
Leominster, Massachusetts – IMA DAIRY & FOOD USA – whose equipment solutions comprise the long-established brands Gasti, Hamba, Hassia, Fillshape, Corazza, Erca, AlphaMAC and Intecma – has hired longtime packaging and dairy sector sales specialist Daniel Margherio as its National Business Development Manager. In this role, Mr. Margherio’s primary focus will be IMA’s Fillshape business unit, which manufactures and designs filling systems for flexible stand-up pouches (both with and without spout) in dairy, food, beverage and personal care applications.
Most recently, Mr. Margherio was Business Development Manager, Liquid Food & Beverage for packaging provider Fres-Co System USA, a position he held since 2016. Prior to that, he held business development management roles with snack and confectionary manufacturer The Warrell Corporation, as well as with Farmland Dairies of Wallington, NJ. At Farmland, Mr. Margherio enjoyed a decade-long tenure particularly relevant to his new role with IMA Dairy & Food.
Mr. Margherio comes to IMA Dairy & Food at a promising time. The packaging solutions company recently introduced Zero Technology, a means of producing single-serve, sustainability-minded PET cups for dairy and other food items. In Q4 of 2022, the company also took over sales activities for extrusion blow mold machinery suppler AlphaMAC, an Italy-based equipment provider (and IMA Group member) specializing in solutions for the packaging of liquid products.
“Daniel’s track record of overseeing successful, often double-digit sales growth will help IMA continue to grow our North American market share in the dairy and greater food packaging landscape,” said Patrick Carroll, President of IMA Dairy & Food USA. “His highly relevant background, impressive skill set and engaging personality make him exceptionally well-suited for his new role, and we’re delighted to welcome him.”
Mr. Margherio earned a degree in Business Administration from the State University of New York (SUNY) Binghamton. He resides in Plymouth Meeting, PA.
About IMA DAIRY & FOOD
IMA Dairy & Food USA serves the dairy and food industries with several brands of the IMA group (Corazza, Erca, Fillshape, Gasti, Hamba, Hassia and Intecma) and offers a portfolio covering nearly all areas of packaging machine application, including:
- Filling and sealing machines (FS) for preformed cups and bottles
- Forming, filling and sealing machines (FFS) for packaging products in the food, dairy, and beverage segments (filled up to the aseptic level)
- Filling systems for flexible stand-up pouches with and without spout for dairy, food, beverage and personal care sectors
- Wrapping machines for packaging butter, fresh cheese, soup cubes, yeast, margarine, etc.
- Aseptic vertical and horizontal form, fill and seal machines for stick packs / pouches (with corresponding dosing systems)
- FFS machines for packaging single portions of coffee, honey, jam, etc.