- This event has passed.
Color-Coding as a Preventive Control: Improving Food Safety and Sanitation Using Color-Coded Tools
June 9 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Over the past 15 years as a food safety professional, Amit M. Kheradia has been consulting companies on the regulations, standards, and best practices influencing the U.S. and global food industries. He believes that companies should work towards adopting simpler strategies for achieving food safety compliance.
A color-coding system used as a preventive control can support compliance if it is designed, implemented, and reviewed properly by site management. In this live webinar, Amit discusses how color-coding can be used as a zoning method to help minimize allergen cross-contact and bacterial or foreign-material cross-contamination.
The key topics covered by Amit include:
- Regulations and standards supporting a risk-based color-coding plan
- Contamination control with identifiable hygienic and environmental monitoring zones
- Facilitating 5S and sanitary compliance using color-coded cleaning and material handling tools
- The role of applying universal visual controls for promoting food safety culture among employees
- Benefits and challenges faced when implementing a color-coded tool management system A Q&A session with Amit will follow his presentation.