Ethisphere recently released its 2023 list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, recognizing 135 organizations across 19 countries and 46 industries.
This marks the 17th year Ethisphere has published the list, and PepsiCo., Inc. has been an honoree every single year since. Kellogg Company is not far behind, having been on the list 15 times.
Several other companies in the food and beverage space made the list this year, including:
- ADM (4th time on the list)
- Brown-Forman (2nd time on the list)
- Charoen Pokphand Group Co., Ltd. (3rd time on the list)
- Grupo Bimbo (7th time on the list)
- illycaffè spa (11th time on the list)
- Ingredion Incorporated (9th time on the list)
- The Hershey Company (2nd time on the list)
Ethisphere’s selection process evaluates applicants in five categories — ethics and compliance program, culture of ethics, corporate citizenship and responsibility, governance, and leadership and reputation. To determine which companies make the final list, applicants receive an Ethics Quotient (EQ) score relative to their peers (companies of similar structure, size, and operating environment).