The Rise of Food & Beverage Private Label in Retail
July 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Private label is here for good. And if the recent activity in the space is any indication of its popularity, it is on fire. Sales have been on an upward trend for the past several years and show no signs of stopping. After a bumpy year for all retailers in 2020 with some sectors experiencing gains and others losses, food retailers have mainly flourished.
Here are five trends that we’ve spotted in food and beverage private label:
- Retailers are adding more private label food and beverage products to their lineup.
- Amazon has opened its Amazon Fresh brick-and-mortar stores as a companion to their online grocery service. Walmart leads grocery by a hefty margin with a 19.2% share of the category.
- Omni-channel selling. Despite the rise in online grocery growth, private label sales account for only 4% of grocery e-comm sales, but that is still 4x the sales of two years ago.
- Premium private label has been trending up over the past several years.
- Plant-based food products have increased by 27% in 2020 alone. As the category grows, so do private label plant-based offerings.
Join Centric Software®, the leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), for a live discussion with food and beverage experts. Learn about the rise of private label including consumer attitudes, the effect of workplace shifts on retail, and doing more with less thanks to innovative technologies.
 Jeff Wells, “Private label growth poised to reignite in 2021,” April 27, 2021, retaildive.com.
 PYMNTS, “Grocery Roundup: Private Label Brands Take On Plant-Based Category,” May 13, 2021, www.pymnts.com.