Tyson will require all U.S. employees to get a COVID-19 vaccine, company president and CEO Donnie King announced today. Currently, less than half of Tyson’s employees are fully vaccinated.
The vaccination deadlines are as follows:
- All leadership: September 24, 2021
- All office workers: October 1, 2021
- All other employees: November 1, 2021
- All new hires: Prior to start date
- Members of a union: Subject to the results of union bargaining
Tyson will be verifying the vaccination status of all workers. Frontline employees will also receive $200 after they become fully vaccinated.
“We did not take this decision lightly,” King wrote in the announcement. “We have spent months encouraging our team members to get vaccinated – today, under half of our team members are. We take this step today because nothing is more important than our team members’ health and safety, and we thank them for the work they do, every day, to help us feed this country, and our world.”