New survey results from the Pew Research Center show that Americans believe organic food is healthier than non-organic, opinions are split about genetically modified food, and people’s opinions about food reflect their ideas about health.
- 55% of adults surveyed believe organic produce is healthier than conventional, while while 41% say there is no difference. 40% claim most of their food is organic.
- Nearly half of U.S. adults believe genetically modified food is neither better nor worse health-wise than non-GM foods.
- More than 7 out of 10 say healthy eating is very important for a long and healthy life.
- Over one-third of Americans don’t believe that scientists understand the health effects of GM foods very well.
- 60% say scientists should have a major role in policy issues related to GM foods.
Click here for the full article.